Bidwell Presbyterian Church: Global School Trip
- Trip Dates: November 4 - 11, 2017
- Registration closes and ½ payment is due: July 15, 2017
- Final payment due: October 1, 2017
- Theme: Forced displacement and migration in Central America
- Target audience: Intergenerational
- Cost: $970 + airfare (between $500-600)
- Familiarize yourself with a human rights framework to understand the rights of migrants and refugees
- Analyze US and international migration policy’s impact on forced migration in Latin America and the world
- Understand the causes of forced migration in Central America and the experiences of victims of violence and asylum seekers in the Salvadoran context
What Cristosal Offers:
- Cristosal’s original research, expert staff and innovative rights-based programs
- Mutual learning between North American and Salvadoran participants
- Field visits and workshops with citizens' organizations, NGOs and government organizations
Sign Up Form
After being selected for the Global School trip there are a few more things to accomplish:
- Fill out the full Global School application form (detailing medical history and emergency contact information) and submit a copy of your passport by July 15, 2017.
- Pay half the total cost of the trip by check to Bidwell Presbyterian Church (memo: Cristosal Global School) by July 15, 2017.
- Pay the remainder of the fee by October 1, 2017.
Is El Salvador Safe for Foreign Travelers?
Yes. The most recent travel advisory released by U.S. Department of State states that:
Tens of thousands of U.S. citizens safely visit El Salvador each year for study, tourism, business, and volunteer work. There is no information to suggest that U.S. citizens are specifically targeted by criminals.
Cristosal is in constant conversation with U.S. Embassy staff to monitor the security threat to North American visitors. Currently, the State Department views El Salvador as a safe and attractive destination for engagement and cultural exchange programs like the Global School.
Your participation in the Global School is an active means of forging healthy relationships of exchange and dialogue with neighbors throughout the Americas.
Cristosal has 15 years of experience bringing groups of North Americans to El Salvador without a single safety incident. If Global School participants honor their commitments to abide by Cristosal’s security guidelines, it is very unlikely that you will be affected by any type of crime or incident, including petty theft. Most people find El Salvador to be a beautiful country and Salvadorans to be inspiring and extraordinarily welcoming hosts.